Key Lime Pie
More From Southern Living
Bake: 27 Minutes
Chill: 8 Hours
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark rum (optional)
- Garnish: Key lime halves and slices
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients; firmly press on bottom and sides of a 9-inch pieplate.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack, and let cool.
- 3. Whisk egg yolks just until blended; whisk in lime juice. Add milk, whisking until blended. Stir in lime rind. Pour into prepared crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 5. Beat cream until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Gently stir in vanilla, and, if desired, rum. Spoon whipped cream on top of pie; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note