In my recipe I include an 8 oz. package (softened) with the condensed milk. Makes it soooo creamy!
Key Lime Pie
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh Key lime juice*
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Press into a 9-inch pieplate.
- Bake piecrust at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk and lime juice until blended. Pour into prepared crust. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with an electric mixer just until foamy.
- Add granulated sugar gradually, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form and sugar dissolves (2 to 4 minutes).
- Spread meringue over filling.
- Bake at 325° for 25 to 28 minutes. Chill 8 hours.
- *Bottled Key lime juice may be substituted for fresh juice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts