Key Lime Mousse Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 6 tablespoon(s) fresh key lime juice if fresh key limes are not available, use bottled juice
- 1 envelope(s) unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream, divided (1 pint = 2 cups)
- 10 ounce(s) 10 - 1 oz squares white chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounce(s) 3 - 8 oz packages creams cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Lime zest
- First three ingredients are the crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham crackers crumbs, butter, and sugar. Press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice and gelatin; let stand for 2 minutes. Bring 1/2 cup cream to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and add white chocolate, stirring until smooth. Stir in gelatin mixture and allow to cool.
- In above large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and lime zest at medium speed with an electric mixer until combined. Slowly beat cooled white chocolate mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining 2 cups cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into white chocolate mixture, and pour into pie crust. Cover and freeze overnight Remove from freezer, and gently run a knife around edges of pan to release crust from sides of pan. Garnish with white chocolate curls and Key lime wedges, if desired. Cut into wedges with a knife that has been dipped into hot water.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BJM2009 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Key Lime Mousse Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts