Key Lime Ice-Cream Pie
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
Key Lime Ice-Cream Pie offers the classic pie as a frozen treat.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (8.8-oz.) package crisp, gourmet cookies (such as Lotus Biscoff)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10-oz.) jar lemon curd
- Avocado-Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- Macadamia nuts, toasted coconut curls, Key lime slices
- THE CRUST: Process cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Stir together crumbs and melted butter. Press on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 30 minutes or until set.
- THE FILLING: Spread half of lemon curd on bottom of crust, and freeze 10 minutes. Spread half of Avocado-Key Lime Pie Ice Cream over lemon curd; freeze 15 minutes. Repeat layers with remaining lemon curd and ice cream, freezing as directed above after each layer.
- THE TOPPING: Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, and coconut extract at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; spread over top of pie. Top with macadamia nuts, toasted coconut curls, and Key lime slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note