Key Lime Curd Tartlets
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons grated Key lime rind
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a saucepan, and cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, 12 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in lime rind. Pour carefully through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl. Cover mixture, and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Pulse flours, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a food processor until combined. Add 1 cup butter and shortening, and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition. Remove dough, and wrap in plastic wrap; chill at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 34 (1-inch) balls, and press balls into lightly greased miniature tart pans. Prick with a fork.
- Bake at 375° for 13 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans, and let cool on wire racks.
- Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons lime curd into each tart shell; top with strawberry slices.
- Note: You may substitute miniature muffin pans for the miniature tart pans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Key Lime Curd Tartlets Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts