I made these to take to a "winter beach party" but ended up going to buy a key lime pie instead. I was so disappointed because they tasted great but I couldn't get past the fact that it felt like I was eating raw dough, as a previous reviewer said. My coconut wouldn't stick to them either.
Key Lime Coconut Snowballs
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 121
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 4 cookie sheets)
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon grated Key lime rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, divided
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Combine crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, rind, juice, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add 2/3 cup coconut, and beat with a mixer at medium speed for 1 minute or until no longer grainy. Add sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating until well combined. Cover and chill 20 minutes.
- Shape crumb mixture into 24 balls, about 1 teaspoon each. Place remaining 1/3 cup coconut in a shallow bowl; roll balls in coconut.
- Note: Refrigerate balls in an airtight container for up to one day.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts