Fantastic recipe. I have made this several times and it always turns out perfectly. People always seemed amazed by this but they don't believe how easy it is to make.
Key Lime Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
Fresh Key lime juice makes this cheesecake authentic, but use bottled juice if fresh limes aren't available. Look for this juice at your grocery store, or order it form Key West Key Lime Shoppe at 1-800-376-0806.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- Garnishes: strawberry halves, lime slices, lime zest
- Strawberry Sauce
- Stir together first 3 ingredients, and firmly press on bottom and 1 inch up sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; cool.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add 1 1/4 cups sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream, rind, and juice. Pour batter into crust.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 5 minutes; turn oven off. Partially open oven door; let stand in oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and immediately run a knife around edge of pan, releasing sides.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; cover and chill 8 hours. Garnish, if desired, and serve with Strawberry Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note