Having never made frosting before this recipe was simply amazing and no fuss. Truly delish and used it on a carrot cake. Brilliant :)
Key Lime Buttercream Frosting
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Rose Nguyen
This key lime frosting is refreshing and easy. It only takes 10 minutes to prepare and can be doubled if you love lots of frosting.
Yield: Makes about 2 3/4 cups
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Key lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 2. Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with Key lime juice, 1 Tbsp. at a time, and 1 Tbsp. milk, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition. Beat in up to 1 Tbsp. additional milk for desired consistency.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings