I used regular limes as well as key limes are not available often in my area. I made this in conjunction with the key lime grilled shrimp recipe but this would be great on grilled veggies and grilled chicken or steak.
Key Lime Beurre Blanc
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Key lime zest
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small skillet; cook over medium heat until reduced to 3 tablespoons. Stir in whipping cream, and cook until reduced to 3 tablespoons.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat; strain through a metal sieve. Stir in lime zest and salt. Keep warm. Stir in chives just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments