I used regular limes as well as key limes are not available often in my area. I made this in conjunction with the key lime grilled shrimp recipe but this would be great on grilled veggies and grilled chicken or steak.
Key Lime Beurre Blanc
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Key lime zest
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small skillet; cook over medium heat until reduced to 3 tablespoons. Stir in whipping cream, and cook until reduced to 3 tablespoons.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat; strain through a metal sieve. Stir in lime zest and salt. Keep warm. Stir in chives just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note