This was such an easy recipe so I am not sure how I messed it up...I cooked it for at least twice the recommended time but it never really set and I found when I served it the crust was very mushy. That being said it was very good, although quite tart so I was glad of the Cool Whip on top.
Key "Light" Pie
If you love Key Lime Pie, try this recipe. Why it's better for you: You'll hear angels sing (Jimmy Buffet tunes) when you taste how rich this version is without all the fat!
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Carbohydrate: 46.4g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 184mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 1 (14-oz.) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (6-oz.) reduced-fat ready-made graham cracker piecrust
- Garnishes: thawed fat-free frozen whipped topping, lime wedges, lime rind curls
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Process first 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture into piecrust.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until pie is set. Let pie cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Garnish, if desired.
Bake the pie on a baking sheet for easier removal from the oven.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note