Sweet, salty, and crunchy! Better than store bought and easy to prepare. I did mine in the microwave instead of stovetop. Perfect treat for movie night! Check out my blog at: http://imapretendchef.blogspot.com/2011/04/kettle-corn.html
Pop up a batch of kettle corn for your next movie night and satisfy that craving for something sweet, salty, or crunchy. This recipe's got it all.
Yield: Makes 12 cups
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place first 3 ingredients in a hand-cranked popcorn popper.
- Cook popcorn kernel mixture over medium-high heat, rapidly turning hand crank. Once kernels begin to pop, reduce heat to low, and continue cranking until popping stops.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl, and sprinkle with salt.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used a Whirley-Pop Popcorn Popper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note