Kerby Lane Tomato Pie
Community Recipe from
- 4 Large tomatoes peeled and thickly sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 green onions white and green parts chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup(s) nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup(s) feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup(s) mayonnaise
- Kalamata olives chopped
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the tomatoes in a colander in the sink in one layer. Sprinkle with salt and allow to drain for 10 minutes.
- Press the sliced tomatoes between layers of paper towels to remove some of the juice.
- Cut the tomatoes into large pieces, then mix together with the basil and onions in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the yogurt, feta and mayonnaise together in another bowl. Put the tomato mixture into the pre-baked pie shell then spread the yogurt mixture on top and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for at least 15 minutes. Cut into slices and serve warm with a sprinkling of Kalamata olives.
- For a richer version of this recipe, replace the nonfat Greek yogurt with mayonnaise.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Karonkw and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kerby Lane Tomato Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes