- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-pound) whole chicken, cut up
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add chicken, and brown on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings. Place chicken in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
Add vinegar and next 5 ingredients to reserved drippings in skillet, stirring to loosen browned particles. Pour over chicken.
Bake, covered, at 325° for 45 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes. Serve over rice.
Note: Chicken may be skinned before cooking.