- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless round steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup catsup
How to Make It
Trim excess fat from steak; cut into 6 serving-size pieces.
Combine flour, salt, paprika, and pepper; dredge steak in flour mixture.
Heat oil in a large skillet, and brown steak. Place half of browned steak in the bottom of a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Drizzle top of steak with half of lemon juice; top with half of onion and green pepper slices. Repeat layers, and top with lemon slices.
Combine water and catsup, stirring well. Pour over lemon slices. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until steak is tender. Discard lemon slices, and serve immediately.