My neighbor made these for a Derby party. She roasted her own turkey breast rather than use sliced deli meat and served them appetizer-style on sliced French rounds. Fantastic!
Kentucky Hot Browns
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 4 thick white bread slices
- 3/4 pound sliced roasted turkey
- Mornay Sauce
- 1 cup (4-oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 bacon slices, cooked
- 1. Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches from heat. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and broil 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- 2. Arrange bread slices in 4 lightly greased broiler-safe individual baking dishes. Top bread with turkey slices. Pour hot Mornay Sauce over turkey. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Broil 6 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned; remove from oven. Top sandwiches with tomatoes and bacon. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note