MARTHA WHITE Baking Mixes
Southern Living JANUARY 2007
1. Generously grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; heat in a 425° oven 5 minutes.
2. Stir together cornbread mix and next 3 ingredients, and spoon evenly into hot skillet.
3. Bake at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes or just until light golden brown and set.
4. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in 2 cups milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth and thickened. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, next 3 ingredients, and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese until blended. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
5. Spoon turkey evenly over cooked cornbread mixture in skillet, and top with warm Parmesan sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup bacon pieces.
6. Bake at 425° for 8 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Top with tomato slices and remaining 1/2 cup bacon pieces. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
*2 cups quartered grape tomatoes may be substituted.
Go to full version of