- 1 (6-oz.) package MARTHA WHITE Cotton Country or Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup canned French fried onions
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Ground (Cayenne) Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Black Peppercorns
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Pieces, divided
- 1 large tomato, sliced*
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make It
Generously grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; heat in a 425° oven 5 minutes.
Stir together cornbread mix and next 3 ingredients, and spoon evenly into hot skillet.
Bake at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes or just until light golden brown and set.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in 2 cups milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth and thickened. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, next 3 ingredients, and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese until blended. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
Spoon turkey evenly over cooked cornbread mixture in skillet, and top with warm Parmesan sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup bacon pieces.
Bake at 425° for 8 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Top with tomato slices and remaining 1/2 cup bacon pieces. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
*2 cups quartered grape tomatoes may be substituted.