Kentucky Bibb Salad with Fried Green Tomatoes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 large green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Vegetable or peanut oil
- 2 large heads Bibb lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Rose Vinaigrette
- Garnishes: gourmet edible petite rose petals; chopped green, red, and yellow bell peppers; chopped purple onion
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a bowl until smooth; dip tomato slices evenly in batter.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a large heavy skillet. Fry tomato slices, in batches, in hot oil over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until slices are golden.
- Arrange lettuce evenly on 6 plates; top each with 2 tomato slices. Sprinkle evenly with walnuts; drizzle with Rose Vinaigrette. Garnish, if desired.
- * For extra-crispy fried tomatoes, dip in batter twice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kentucky Bibb Salad with Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads