- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves and pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 8 cups torn Bibb lettuce (2 to 3 medium heads)
- 4 cups trimmed watercress
- 4 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Bourbon Vinaigrette
- Country Ham Corn Cakes
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Toss pecans in butter. Stir together brown sugar and red pepper in a bowl; add pecans, tossing to coat. Spread pecans in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined shallow pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned, toasted, and fragrant. Remove from oven, and toss pecans with crumbled bacon. Cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes; separate pecans with a fork.
Combine Bibb lettuce, next 3 ingredients, and pecan mixture in a large bowl. Top with crumbled cheese. Serve with Bourbon Vinaigrette and Country Ham Corn Cakes.