These were great at a church reception. My plate was the first one cleared from the entire buffet table! My one alteration: I seeded one whole hothouse cucumber but didn't peel it. Then I grated it on the bigger holes on a box grater (directions from another cucumber sandwich recipe), rather than finely chopping the cucumber. I don't know why the picture shows sprouts, when they're clearly not in the recipe.
Kentucky Benedictine Tea Sandwiches
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 48 white bread slices
- Stir together first 7 ingredients. Spread mixture on 1 side of 24 bread slices; top with remaining 24 bread slices. Trim crusts from sandwiches; cut each sandwich into 4 triangles with a serrated knife.
- Pair with: Baumard Savennières or Oregon Pinot Gris.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers