Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Snakes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies® or 6 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Kellogg's® Apple Jacks® cereal
- Kellogg's® Froot Loops® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Blueberries or other berries
- Assorted candies
- 1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated. Cool slightly.
3. Using buttered hands shape mixture into 8 snakes. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Cool. Decorate with KELLOGG'S® APPLE JACKS cereal, KELLOGG'S® FROOT LOOPS cereal, frosting, berries and/or candies as snake eyes and markings. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Kellogg's® has reduced the sodium content of Rice Krispies to meet current consumer flavor- and nutrition-preferences. Rice Krispies® Treats made with the lower sodium cereal taste great without any added salt, but, if you desire, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the butter before melting. Continue with recipe as directed.
This recipe has been tested and endorsed by Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
Go to http://www.ricekrispies.com for more recipes and nutrition information.
®, ™, © 2008 Kellogg NA Co
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts