Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Holiday House
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 packages (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 12 cups Rice Krispies® or 12 cups Ready-To-Eat Cereal Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies™
- Prepared frosting
- Candy coated milk chocolate pieces
- Red cinnamon candies
- Powdered sugar
- Candy sprinkles
- Decorating gel (red and white)
- 1. Melt 3 tablespoons of the margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add 1 package (10 oz. about 40) marshmallows and stir until completely melted. When marshmallows are melted, increase heat to medium and cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat.
2. Add 6 cups of the KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, quickly press mixture evenly into 13- x 9- x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
4. While mixture is cooling repeat step 1 and 2 with remaining margarine, marshmallows and cereal, pressing mixture evenly into 15 1/2- x- 10 1/2- x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
TO ASSEMBLE HOUSE
A. Turn the first pan of KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal mixture onto a foil-lined tray with right side up. This will be the base of the house.
B. Cut the second pan of cereal mixture into six 5- x 3 1/2-inch pieces while still in pan.
C. Remove the 6 cut pieces from the pan. Set aside the remainder of mixture for chimney, door and windows.
D. With one piece laying vertically, cut top corners off at an angle to form peak of house. Repeat with second piece to form back wall. Side walls laying horizontally should match bottom of angle cut in height. Place the six pieces about 1 inch apart on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
E. Bake at 250° F about 25 mintes. Remove from oven. Reshape pieces with knife or spatula. Cool completely. Remove pieces from pan.
F. Generously pipe frosting on each end of the side walls. Stand front wall in the center of house base. Attach right side wall. Then attach back and left side walls. There should be four cereal walls standing.
G. To attach roof, pipe prepared frosting around the top edges of the front and back walls. Attach remaining two 5- x 3 1/2-inch pieces to form roof. Use reserved pieces to make, chimney, door and window.
-Use a dot of prepared frosting to attached decorations to the house
-Use red and white gum drops to decorate the sides of the house
-Decorate the edge of the house base by alternately attaching red and
green gum drops with prepared frosting
-Attach red cinnamon candy around the front wall of the house
-Dust with powdered sugar to resemble snow
-Decorate as desired
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat 3 tablesoons of the margarine and 1 package (10 oz. about 40) regular marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
2. While mixture is cooling, repeat step one of microwave directions with remaining margarine, marshmallows and cereal. Press evenly into 15 1/2- x 10 1/2- x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Follow directions above to assemble house.
Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
2 jars (7 oz.each) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
This recipe has been tested and endorsed by Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
Go to http://www.ricekrispies.com for more recipes and nutrition information.
®, ™, © 2008 Kellogg NA Co
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note