KC's Sauerkraut Soup (slow-cooker)
A hearty winter soup that warms up the kitchen. Also good ladled over baked potatoes, pierogis, or noodles.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2-3 carrots chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium baking potato cubed
- 16 ounce(s) sauerkraut
- 8 ounce(s) tomato sauce
- 5 oz cooked sausages (2 medium) in chunks
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) barley
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) white pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt-free mixed seasonings
- Spray slow-cooker crock with oil. Layer vegetables, sauerkraut and sausages in slow-cooker. Combine rest of ingredients and pour into slow-cooker. Cook for 8-10 hours on low setting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note