This is a more traditional eggnog, thick, creamy, and delicious. It does contain liquor, but the recipe was adapted from a non-alcoholic eggnog, so it will work well either way. The original recipe used 4 eggs. With the strong liquor, we felt that an additional egg would benefit the result, but it is untested. Try both ways.
Yield: 2 servings ( Serving Size: Large goblets )
Community Recipe from
- 5 Eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 pint(s) whole milk
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/4 shot Frangelico
- 2 shots Voyant Chai Liquor
- 1 shot bourbon
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color.
- Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks.
- With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.
- At time of serving, spike as desired. The above is what we like to use, but unfortunately, Voyant Chai has not been available lately. You can substitute any cream type liquor, and optionally, add some chai spice, or a dash each of ground cardamom cinnamon, and ginger.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Katie's Eggnog Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Alcoholic
More Recipes for Main Dishes