Quiche that can be varied with different ingredients
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) 9" Pie Crust, unbaked
- 1 package(s) Diced Ham
- 1/2 cup(s) Diced Green Onion or Regular Onion Diced Small
- 6 ounce(s) Swiss Cheese Shredded
- 4 whole(s) Jumbo Eggs if Extra Large, Use 5
- 1 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6-8 drop(s) Tobasco or other hot sauce
- Layer the ham, onion and cheese in unbaked pie shell. Usually three layers with cheese the top layer. Whip eggs, half and half, and all seasonings in blender or with a whisk. Pour liquid over the layers.
- Bake uncovered at 425 Degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 Degrees and continue baking for 30-40 minutes until a knife inserted half-way between crust and center come out clean. Let stand to firm about 10 minutes before serving.
- Can layer ingredients in pie shell night before and cover and refrigerate. Let stand at room temp for about 30 minutes then pour on blended ingredients before baking.
- Other ingredients can be used: bacon, shrimp, crab, sausage, mushrooms, artichokes, blanched/sauteed spinach or broccoli.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KatBreen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note