Delicious, easy, heart-healthy, portable, great as a meatless meal. Nice option for a pack-n-go lunch.
Kathleen's spicy lentil spinach salad
Spicy lentils with artichoke, tomato, and healthy spices like turmeric, garlic, coriander & mustard seeds, over a bed of fresh spinach greens. I wrote this recipe to compliment the JJ Virgin diet, specifically in cycle 1. ***Substitute additional broth for the vermouth, if following the Virgin diet.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) lentils dry
- 4 cup(s) spinach fresh
- 1 can(s) artichoke hearts quartered
- 1-2 tomatoes chopped
- 2.5 cup(s) chicken or vegetable stock
- .25 cup(s) vermouth (optional ingredient)
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) red chile pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- .5 teaspoon(s) coriander seed
- .5 teaspoon(s) dry mustard seed
- 2 clove(s) minced garlic Fresh
- 4 tablespoon(s) flat-leaf parsley fresh, chopped
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add rinsed lentils and toss for 1 minute. Add stock, vermouth, black pepper, turmeric, coriander and mustard seeds, and red chile flakes, and simmer for 20-25 mins until softened. Remove from heat. Add artichoke hearts, toss, and serve over bed a fresh spinach, topped with chopped tomato & parsley. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kvluv2cook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note