Labor-intensive, but worth it. THE BEST cranberry dish EVER! Even if you don't like cranberries or think that cranberry sauce HAS to come from a can, this relish can change your mind. There is no better accompaniment for turkey and all the trimmings, and this recipe makes enough for two holiday dinners. This also freezes well, but don't add the walnuts before freezing.
Katherine's Cranberry Relish
A holiday favorite; make sure your blender is in good working condition. If wild strawberry gelatin is not available, other varieties will work, such as regular strawberry or cranberry; if using other, adjust sugar amount.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 oranges, 1 peeled, 1 unpeeled
- 3 apples, such as Red Delicious
- 1 package(s) fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar (approximate)
- 1 small package(s) wild strawberry Jello gelatin
- 1/2 to 1 cup(s) English walnuts
- Grind these ingredients in a blender: both oranges, cut into small pieces, peeled one first, apples, cranberries. Pour mixture into bowl. Add sugar and dry gelatin. Add nuts before serving. Do not add nuts prior to freezing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note