Katharine's Frozen Key Lime Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2C graham cracker crumbs (about 10 crackers)
- 1/4C sugar
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 6 large egg yolks at room temp
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4C Nellie & Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice (use 3/4C for more tart pie)
- 1C cold heavy cream
- 1/4C sugar
- 1/4tsp vanilla extact
- Prehate oven to 350. For the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl. Press into a 9-inch pie pan, making sure the sides and the bottom are an even thickness. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- For the filling, beat the egg yolks and sugar on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for 5 minutes, until thick. With the mixer on medium speed, add the condensed milk, and lime juice. Pour into the baked pie shell and freeze.
- For the decoration, beat the heavy cream on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until firm. Spoon onto the pie and decorate. Freeze for several hours or overnight.
- ***Note: if you want a cooked pie do the following: after mixing the filling and pouring it into the cooled pie crust bake for 15 minutes at 350. Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving top with whipped cream topping.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Katharine's Frozen Key Lime Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts