Karol's Easy Mexican Chicken Casserole
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) chicken breasts (2-3 good size breasts) boil, then cool, debone, and shred
- 1 can(s) Rotel
- 1 can(s) Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 can(s) Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1--16oz package(s) shredded cheese (I like colby and jack combo)
- 1--large bag(s) Nacho Cheese Doritos
- save 2-3 cup(s) chicken broth
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 9 x 12 baking dish or aluminum lasagna pan
- Boil chicken till done....then let cool. Debone and shred meat.
- Combine soups together in a microwaveable bowl...Cook in microwave for about 5 minutes till hot.
- Spray dish lightly with non stick spray
- In the meantime, crumble entire bag of Doritos, and spread half of the crumbs in the bottom of the 9x12 baking dish.
- Next, shred and spread your chicken over the Doritos, covering at least an inch deep.
- Remove soup from microwave, add can of Rotel to mixture, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken
- Sprinkle cheese on top of this
- Sprinkle rest of Doritos over cheese.
- Moisten top layer of Doritos with saved chicken broth
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes (just long enough to melt cheese)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KarolIrvin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note