Karol's Easy Mexican Chicken Casserole
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) chicken breasts (2-3 good size breasts) boil, then cool, debone, and shred
- 1 can(s) Rotel
- 1 can(s) Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 can(s) Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1--16oz package(s) shredded cheese (I like colby and jack combo)
- 1--large bag(s) Nacho Cheese Doritos
- save 2-3 cup(s) chicken broth
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 9 x 12 baking dish or aluminum lasagna pan
- Boil chicken till done....then let cool. Debone and shred meat.
- Combine soups together in a microwaveable bowl...Cook in microwave for about 5 minutes till hot.
- Spray dish lightly with non stick spray
- In the meantime, crumble entire bag of Doritos, and spread half of the crumbs in the bottom of the 9x12 baking dish.
- Next, shred and spread your chicken over the Doritos, covering at least an inch deep.
- Remove soup from microwave, add can of Rotel to mixture, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken
- Sprinkle cheese on top of this
- Sprinkle rest of Doritos over cheese.
- Moisten top layer of Doritos with saved chicken broth
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes (just long enough to melt cheese)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KarolIrvin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes