Karens Lentil Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped celery
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 dash(es) crushed red pepper or
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried basil
- 1 cup(s) dry lentils
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) Italian style diced tomatos
- 2 clove(s) minced garlic
- one hot italian sausage casing removed meat crumbled and cooked
- 1 cup(s) peeled and chopped potato
- Rinse and drain lentils.
- In a large sauce pan combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil: reduce heat.
- Cover & simmer 1 hour or until lentils and vegetables are tender, stir occasionally.
- Serve with bread topped with olive tapende and top soup with freshly grated cheese
This recipe is a personal recipe added by karyann and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note