Karen's Rigatoni Bake
- 5 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1/2 cup(s) Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 cup(s) Milk
- 1 cup(s) Fontina or Jack Cheese - grated
- 1/2 pound(s) Ground Beef
- 1 Italian Sausage - casing removed
- 2 clove(s) Garlic- chopped
- 1/2 Med Onion, diced
- 1/2 pound(s) Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 jar(s) 28 oz Your Favorite Pasta Sauce
- 8 ounce(s) Rigatoni - uncooked
- 4 ounce(s) Fresh Mozzarella - diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan Cheese
- Place a large pot with water on the stove, add salt and start bringing water to a boil.
- While water is heating up, make the Bechamel. Melt butter in large sauce pan over Med heat. Add flour, salt and pepper and stir with wire whisk for 1 - 2 mins until well incorporated. Whisk in milk and continue whisking until mixture thickens - just before the boiling point. Remove from heat and stir in all of the Fontina cheese. Keep warm.
- In a large skillet or in a Dutch Oven over Med High heat - Break up the sausage and ground beef and start frying together. When about 1/2 done, stir in onion, mushrooms and garlic and continue cooking until vegies are soft and meat in cooked all the way through. Add pasta sauce and any herbs of your choosing. Simmer 10-15 mins.
- While sauce is simmering, add Rigatoni to boiling water and cook until just done, do not over cook, the pasta will continue to cook in the oven.
- Drain pasta well and return it to the pan.
- Add Bechamel ( Fontina cheese sauce ) to the Rigatoni and mix until sauce coats all the macaroni, stir in mozzarella.
- Spray a deep 3 Qt casserole dish or baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour in 1/2 of the pasta mixture. Next layer 1/2 of the Meat sauce and top with 1/2 of the Parmesan. Continue the the rest of the pasta mixture, meat sauce and then the rest of the Parmesan.
- Bake for 30 mins at 350 degrees or until bubbly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CookCrazy411 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note