Community Recipe from
- 2 to 4 pound(s) pork roast
- soy sauce
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) rock salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) liquid smoke
- Chili pepper "water"*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 1. Score pork all around, about 1/4" deep cuts. Rub meat all over with soy sauce.
- 2. Wrap meat in heavy foil; place into a roasting pan containing 1-inch of water. Cover over all with foil.
- 3. Place into oven, checking meat for tenderness after 3.5 hours. Bake 1/2 hour more if it is not yet tender (it should shred easily). Shred meat and set aside.
- 4. Boil 2 cups of water, add the rock salt and liquid smoke; cook until dissolved.
- 5. Combine mixture thoroughly with shredded pork. Season with chili pepper "water" to serve.
- *fresh, frozen Hawaiian chilis soaking in water.
- Serve with side dishes of short grain rice, macaroni salad, lomi salmon and onions seasoned with Hawaiian salt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kalua Pork Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes