Used low sugar dried cranberries instead of raisins and steamed the kale. Otherwise followed the recipe exactly. My husband hates kale and refuses to eat it. I finally convinced him to try this and he really liked it. I thought it was delicious!
Kale with Lemon-Balsamic Butter
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Katie Stoddard
If you like spicy foods, add a dash of crushed red pepper.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 151
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Carbohydrate: 25.5g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 289mg
- Calcium: 252mg
- 4 (1-pound) bunches kale
- 4 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove stems and center ribs from kale. Wash and pat dry. Coarsely chop to measure 24 cups. Bring water to a boil in an 8-quart stockpot. Add kale; cover and cook 3 minutes. Drain well; place kale in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in raisins, juice, and vinegar; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly with a whisk. Pour butter mixture over kale. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss well to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables