good. nothing to rave about. Nicely paired with pasta.
Kale with Garlic and Hot Red Pepper
Washed, chopped, bagged kale makes the side dish as easy as it is tasty. Serve with Roast Pork Porchetta-Style.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 54
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 8.2g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 229mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1-pound) bag chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add kale; cover and cook 2 minutes or until bright green and wilted. Drain kale in a colander, pressing until barely moist.
- Place pan over low heat. Add oil and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until garlic is just beginning to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in the kale, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring constantly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables