Kale with feta and anchovies and pine nuts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Finely grated zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces ricotta salata cheese, coarsely grated (3/4 cup)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, preferably Tuscan (6 ounces)—stemmed, leaves torn into bite-size pieces (8 cups)
- 8 marinated alici (white anchovies), drained
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderately low heat, stirring them frequently, until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and crushed red pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the ricotta salata and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with half of the vinaigrette; add more vinaigrette if desired. Transfer half of the kale to a serving platter and scatter with 2 tablespoons of the remaining ricotta salata. Top with 4 anchovies and half of the toasted pine nuts. Repeat with the remaining kale, ricotta salata, anchovies and pine nuts and serve.
- SUGGESTED PAIRING
- Lively, citrusy northern Italian Pinot Grigio.
- PUBLISHED JULY 2013
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marinapastor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kale with feta and anchovies and pine nuts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads