Kale Salad with Feta
"Showing raw kale at its best" by Michael Hastings More assertive than spinach, but tender kale may be eaten raw. Shredded kale with a tart vinaigrette and cheese as a counterbalance. Recipe Swap Winston-Salem Journal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) Tuscan kale or other small-leaved, tender kale, washed and dried, stems and ribs removed
- 3 tablespoon(s) minced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 3 to 6 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1. Finely slice or shred the kale into very thin strips. Place in a salad bowl. 2. In a small mixing bowl, combine onion, garlic and lemon juice. Whisk in oil. Generously season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over kale, add feta and toss well. 3. Just before serving, sprinkle with pine nuts if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note