Kale Salad with Cherries and Pecans
From The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook from Deb Perelman This salad is great to eat right away, but even better after 20 minutes of tenderizing in the dressing.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans
- 8 ounce(s) Black Kale
- 4 ounce(s) radishes sliced into paper-thin rounds
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cherries
- 2 ounce(s) soft goat cheese chilled
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) honey
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Optional step: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spread the pecans on a tray. Toast them for 5 to 10 minutes, tossing them once or twice to make sure they toast evenly. Remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- Wash your kale and let it dry on spread-out kitchen or paper towels. Then, with a knife, remove the rib from each stalk, leaving long strips of kale leaves. Stack the leaves in small batches, roll them tightly the long way, and cut the roll crosswise into thin ribbons. Add the kale ribbons to a large salad bowl.
- Add the radishes, pecans and cherries. Crumble the goat cheese over top.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small dish, and pour the dressing over the salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lamick59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note