This was a very good recipe and I would really like to give it 3+ stars. The dressing is very subtle and light. I only used half the amount of the red pepper and was happy that I did. I like spicy dishes, but didn't like the idea of an overly spicy salad. Half the amount was perfect for me! I enjoyed the avocado and mango. They were refreshing additions to the salad. The big surprise was how much I loved the toasted coconut! I don't always like coconut, but this really stood up to the bold flavor of the kale.
Kale Salad with Mango and Coconut
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Sodium: 112mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups chopped stemmed curly kale
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, honey, crushed red pepper, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add kale, avocado, coconut, and mango; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note