This was a very good recipe and I would really like to give it 3+ stars. The dressing is very subtle and light. I only used half the amount of the red pepper and was happy that I did. I like spicy dishes, but didn't like the idea of an overly spicy salad. Half the amount was perfect for me! I enjoyed the avocado and mango. They were refreshing additions to the salad. The big surprise was how much I loved the toasted coconut! I don't always like coconut, but this really stood up to the bold flavor of the kale.
Kale Salad with Mango and Coconut
Toasted coconut stands up to the bold flavor of kale in Kale Salad with Mango and Coconut. Avocado and mango are refreshing addions to this fresh salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Sodium: 112mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups chopped stemmed curly kale
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, honey, crushed red pepper, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add kale, avocado, coconut, and mango; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This