This is an excellent way to get more kale into your diet! Loved this. I added some small grape tomatoes to balance the bitterness of the greens, but I will definitely be making this again and again.
Kale and Radicchio Salad with Broken Caesar Dressing
Made without egg for binding, this perfectly balanced dressing, generous with anchovies, goes together in a hurry and has a rustic look. Try it on kale and radicchio, as we've done here, or with more bitter chicories the way Ethan Stowell serves it at Staple & Fancy Mercantile in Seattle.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 178
- Calories from fat: 81%
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 3.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 370mg
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- 8 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- About 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 pound curly kale, ends and tough ribs trimmed, cut crosswise into 1-in. ribbons
- 1/2 pound radicchio, cut crosswise into 1-in. ribbons
- 1. Whisk anchovies, garlic, lemon juice, oil, 2 tbsp. water, the salt, and pepper in a very large bowl. Don't worry that the dressing doesn't emulsify; it will come together more when you add the cheese.
- 2. Add 3/4 cup parmesan and the greens and mix with your hands. Set salad on plates. Add more parmesan if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note