- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for tins
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces assorted mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake and oyster), stems removed, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large ribs celery, chopped
- 6 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces kale, ribs removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- calories 206
- fat 11 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 8 g
- carbohydrate 21 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 59 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 706 mg
- calcium 122 mg
How to Make It
Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375ºF. Coat 16 cups of two 12-cup nonstick muffin tins with oil.
In a pan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in quinoa, reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid has absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
In a large, deep skillet, melt butter with 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Stir in half of mushrooms and 1/2 tsp. salt; sauté until golden, about 8 minutes. Transfer to bowl with quinoa. In same skillet, warm 1 tsp. oil. Sauté onion, celery, garlic, 1 tsp. salt and pepper over medium heat until softened, about 8 minutes. Add kale by the handful and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Add to bowl; stir in eggs, cheese and herbs. Spoon into muffin tins, pressing in and mounding on top. Press in nuts.
Bake, switching pans halfway through, until heated through, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly. Remove from tins; serve.