Kale & Potato Soup
A simple, yet flavorful that can hold up to modifications (seasons and vegetables)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 ear(s) Onions sliced thin
- 4 clove(s) Garlic chopped finely
- 6 White Potatoes (small) diced
- 4 Carrots chopped
- 4 stalk(s) Celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Salt
- 1 can(s) Cannellini Beans drained (optional)
- 2 bunch(es) Kale destemmed and chopped
- 8-10 cup(s) Water or Stock/Broth
- Saute Onion until soft (about 3-5 minutes), add Garlic (do not burn).
- Dice Potatoes and add along with Carrots and Celery as well as 4 cups Water (or more to cover).
- Add Salt.
- Simmer until Potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add Cannellini Beans (and optional bean liquid). Continue Simmering.
- Steam Kale separately in batches (about 3 minutes per batch) and once completed, add to soup with enough Water/Broth/Stock (and/or the Kale Steaming Liquid) to cover .
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Optional: Puree some (and add back into the Soup) or Puree all of the Soup. Immersion Blender works great!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ldweisberg and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note