Kale & Potato Soup
Community Recipe from
- 2 ear(s) Onions sliced thin
- 4 clove(s) Garlic chopped finely
- 6 White Potatoes (small) diced
- 4 Carrots chopped
- 4 stalk(s) Celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Salt
- 1 can(s) Cannellini Beans drained (optional)
- 2 bunch(es) Kale destemmed and chopped
- 8-10 cup(s) Water or Stock/Broth
- Saute Onion until soft (about 3-5 minutes), add Garlic (do not burn).
- Dice Potatoes and add along with Carrots and Celery as well as 4 cups Water (or more to cover).
- Add Salt.
- Simmer until Potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add Cannellini Beans (and optional bean liquid). Continue Simmering.
- Steam Kale separately in batches (about 3 minutes per batch) and once completed, add to soup with enough Water/Broth/Stock (and/or the Kale Steaming Liquid) to cover .
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Optional: Puree some (and add back into the Soup) or Puree all of the Soup. Immersion Blender works great!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ldweisberg and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes