Kale Pesto with Pasta and Pancetta
The addition of the Pecorino Cheese and the use of Kale in the Pesto is wonderful. And of course Bacon! Parmesan or any hard cheese can be substituted for the Pecorino Cheese. Pesto can be made ahead. Makes enough Pesto for several meals. Be prepared to freeze or save Pesto.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bunch(es) Kale Destemmed and washed
- 6 ounce(s) Almonds
- 4 1/4 ounce(s) Pecorino Cheese Grated
- 1/2 clove(s) Garlic
- 2 dash(es) Salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound(s) Corkscrew Pasta
- 3 ounce(s) Pancetta or Bacon diced
- Rinse kale and remove stems. Cook for about 30 minutes in salted water. Drain and squeeze out as much water as possible. Let Cool slightly
- Puree the kale with almonds, a clove of garlic andextra virgin olive oil. Use the olive oil generoulsy, it will help you blend the pesto and you'll be able to store it in the fridge for longer.
- Add the grated Pecorino cheese and season with salt.
- Cook the Pasta according to package directions. Reserve some of the water.
- Stir two tablespoons of pest with a few tablespoons of water from pasta to soften. Add to pasta.
- Cook pancetta until crisp and add to pasta, toss and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by npursley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note