Kale-Couscous Salad with Goat Cheese and Apricots
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 592
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 76g
- Fiber: 12g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Sodium: 771mg
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups chopped kale leaves, stems removed
- 4 ounces crumbled soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1. Toast couscous in a dry pan over medium-high heat, stirring, until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth, 1/4 cup water and 1/2 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 12 minutes.
- 2. Place almonds in a small, dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until toasted, 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3. In a bowl, whisk oil, juice, preserves, mustard and garlic.
- 4. Fluff couscous with a fork. Transfer to bowl with dressing. Add kale. Stir until all ingredients are moistened. Top with goat cheese, apricots and almonds. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This