- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups chopped kale leaves, stems removed
- 4 ounces crumbled soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- calories 592
- fat 24 g
- satfat 6 g
- protein 21 g
- carbohydrate 76 g
- fiber 12 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- sodium 771 mg
How to Make It
Toast couscous in a dry pan over medium-high heat, stirring, until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth, 1/4 cup water and 1/2 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 12 minutes.
Place almonds in a small, dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until toasted, 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
In a bowl, whisk oil, juice, preserves, mustard and garlic.
Fluff couscous with a fork. Transfer to bowl with dressing. Add kale. Stir until all ingredients are moistened. Top with goat cheese, apricots and almonds. Season with salt and pepper and serve.