skipped the radicchio, added blue cheese. as if it's not already fattening enough, but still entirely awesome.
When making this bracing salad, dress the kale and collards in advance to tenderize them.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- 1 bunch fresh collard greens (about 8 oz.)
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale (about 8 oz.)
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Lemon Dressing
- 3 Bartlett pears, sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small head radicchio, shredded
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 6 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1. Trim and discard tough stalks from centers of collard and kale leaves; stack leaves, and roll up, starting at 1 long side. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Toss collards and kale with cranberries and Lemon Dressing in a large bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Toss together pears and next 2 ingredients just before serving. Toss pear mixture, radicchio, pecans, and bacon with collard mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note