This was super delicious. I made the dough from scratch with simple recipe and used dino kale. Would make again in a heartbeat. Using a pizza stone was key to helping with the moisture from the kale.
Kale, Chorizo, and Manchego Pizza
Kale's hearty texture holds up to the high heat needed to create a crisp pizza crust. Its deep flavor is a great match for spicy chorizo and bold manchego cheese.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 608
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 26g
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sodium: 1201mg
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- 1 bag (10 oz.) chopped kale
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded manchego cheese
- 4 ounces Spanish-style (hard) chorizo, casing removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- About 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 500°. If using a pizza stone, place it on a rack in the oven.
- 2. Bring 2 qts. very hot water to a boil in a covered pot. Add kale; cook until tender to the bite, about 3 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and squeeze out excess water.
- 3. Meanwhile, roll dough on a floured work surface into a 14-in. circle, letting it rest a few seconds between passes of the rolling pin so it will stretch. Lay dough on a floured baking sheet.
- 4. Sprinkle dough with manchego, chorizo, kale, and pepper. Slide pizza onto hot stone, if using, or bake on the baking sheet until browned and puffed, 5 to 10 minutes. Drizzle with oil.
Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note