Kale Chips with Almond Butter and Miso
- 1/2 cup(s) almond butter
- 1/4 cup(s) warm water
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) white miso
- 1 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoon(s) cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pound(s) curly kale, leaves left whole and stems discarded
- Sea salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200° and position 3 racks spaced evenly apart. In a blender or food processor, puree all of the ingredients except the kale and salt.
- 2. Grease 3 large rimmed baking sheets with olive oil and divide the kale leaves among them. Drizzle the almond-butter mixture over the kale and rub each leaf to season evenly. Arrange the kale on the sheets in an even layer and season with salt. Bake for about 1 hour and 40 minutes, until the leaves are crisp. Switch the pans a few times during baking and rearrange to help them cook evenly. Let cool, then carefully lift the kale chips off the baking sheets with a spatula and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note