Kale and Currant Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bunch of kaleadd to PCC shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea saltadd to PCC shopping list
- 1/3 cup toasted sunflower seedsadd to PCC shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced red onionadd to PCC shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried currantsadd to PCC shopping list
- 3/4 cup diced appleadd to PCC shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oiladd to PCC shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unfiltered apple cider vinegaradd to PCC shopping list
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Destem kale by pulling leaves away from the stems. Wash leaves, spin or pat dry. Stack leaves, roll up and cut into thin ribbons (chiffonade). Put kale in a large mixing bowl and add salt. Massage salt into kale with your hands for 2 minutes.
- To toast sunflower seeds, put in a dry skillet over low to medium heat and stir constantly for a few minutes until they change color and give off a nutty aroma.
- Stir onion, currants, apple and toasted seeds into kale. Dress with oil and vinegar. Taste for salt and vinegar, adding more if necessary. When at desired flavor, toss in cheese. This salad will keep for several days and still be great!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by leizalou and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kale and Currant Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads