Kalamata Whole Wheat Rolls
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 roll)
More From Oxmoor House
Rise: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 19.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 195mg
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fiber: 2.0g
- Calcium: 8mg
- 1 package quick-rise yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- Dissolve yeast in very warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl; stir well. Stir in yeast mixture and olive oil, stirring to form a soft dough. Combine olives and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour in a small bowl.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead in olive mixture until smooth and elastic (about 6 minutes). Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
- Punch dough down, and divide into 12 equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball, and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake at 400° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note