A very delicious chicken dish! The flavors of the feta, oregano and olives mingle wonderfully together. I would recommend using fresh oregano if at all possible and I always tenderize my chicken if I am going to serve whole breasts. I served this with spaghetti squash instead of the pasta and my husband and 2 year old loved it. I will be adding this to my recipe collection for guests as it is that good.
Photo: Oxmoor House
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 3/4 cup orzo, and 2 tablespoons olive mixture)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 354
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 33.9g
- Carbohydrate: 37.2g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 634mg
- Calcium: 85mg
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 10 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 8 grape tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Combine olives, tomato, parsley, cheese, 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Coat chicken with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 2 teaspoons fresh oregano.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a serving plate; keep warm.
- Add water to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Pour mixture over chicken. Top chicken with olive mixture, and serve with orzo.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes